Returns a number based on record access privileges available through the current layout.
Get ( LayoutAccess )
Data type returned
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
You assign the access privileges in the Custom Layout Privileges dialog box.
- 0 if the custom layout privileges of the privilege set allow no access to Records via this layout
- 1 if the custom layout privileges of the privilege set allow view only access to Records via this layout. If the database is opened with read-only access, FileMaker Pro returns 1 even if the layout has read-write access privileges
- 2 if the custom layout privileges of the privilege set allow modifiable access to Records via this layout
- Get(LayoutAccess) returns information about record access privileges defined for only the current layout. It ignores current record access privileges for all other layouts. To fully check access through a layout, consider the return values of Get(LayoutAccess) and the Get(RecordAccess) function.
- See Editing layouts privileges for more details about limiting access through layouts.
Returns 1 when the layout allows view-only access to records.