Returns the name, version number, and enabled state of installed plug-ins.
Get ( InstalledFMPlugins )
Data type returned
Originated in version
This function is useful for determining whether an installed plug-in is newer or older than a plug-in required by a file. The version number is returned if it is available.
If multiple plug-ins are installed, Get(InstalledFMPlugins) returns values for each plug-in on separate lines, separated by carriage returns.
Get(InstalledFMPlugins) returns plug-in version information only when plug-in developers have entered version information in the resource file (Windows) or the info.plist file (macOS).
macOS: Plug-ins are stored as packages.
The enabled state is returned as follows:
- Enabled – The plug-in is enabled in the FileMaker Pro preferences and can be loaded.
- Disabled – The plug-in is disabled in the FileMaker Pro preferences and cannot be loaded.
- Ignored – The plug-in failed to load, which could be due to software incompatibility.
- MyPlugin1 is installed and is enabled in the Plug-ins tab in the Preferences dialog box.
- MyPlugin2 is installed and is disabled in the Plug-ins tab in the Preferences dialog box.
- MyPlugin3 could not be loaded.