Web publishing logs
By default, the Web Publishing Engine generates log information for Custom Web Publishing and FileMaker WebDirect. The wpe.log records:
- Any Web Publishing Engine errors that have occurred, including application errors, usage errors, and system errors. You can also have the Web Publishing Engine include information related to Custom Web Publishing, such as end-user XML requests to generate web publishing output or changes to the Custom Web Publishing settings.
- End-user requests to view FileMaker WebDirect solutions. These requests are routed from the web server directly to the Web Publishing Core component of the Web Publishing Engine.
- Changes to the FileMaker WebDirect settings.
- All FileMaker WebDirect errors, FileMaker script information, and user log information.
- The error information describes any unusual Web Publishing Engine errors that have occurred. Common errors reported to the web user, such as “Database not open,” are not recorded.
- The script information describes any errors generated when web users run scripts. For example, it lists script steps that are skipped if they’re not supported for FileMaker WebDirect.