Testing FileMaker Server
To test your FileMaker Server deployment, open a hosted database file using FileMaker Pro or FileMaker WebDirect.
To test using FileMaker WebDirect:
- Open Admin Console and click the Connectors > Web Publishing tab.
- Verify that the Web Publishing Engine is running and FileMaker WebDirect is enabled.
- For FileMaker WebDirect, click Open Launch Center.
- In the Launch Center, select FMServer_Sample.
If the FMServer_Sample app opens, then your FileMaker Server deployment is working correctly.
To test using FileMaker Pro:
- Open FileMaker Pro from any networked machine that can reach the machine where FileMaker Server is installed.
- In the Hosts dialog box, choose the server you want to test, and select FMServer_Sample.
If FileMaker Pro opens the sample database hosted on FileMaker Server, then the Database Server is working and responding to requests from FileMaker Pro clients.