Saving and loading schedules
If you need to reinstall FileMaker Server on the same machine or move the installation to another machine, you can save the settings for your schedules that are configured in the current installation. After you complete the FileMaker Server installation, you can then load the settings for your schedules to instantly configure them in the new installation. The steps below provide an overview of the process.
Important When you save your schedules, the schedule settings file includes backup schedules, script schedules, message schedules, and verify database schedules. When you load a schedule settings file, Admin Console replaces all existing schedules.
- In your current installation of FileMaker Server (called the source server), save the settings for your existing schedules in a schedule settings file. You will use this file to create your schedules in the new FileMaker Server installation. See Saving schedules settings.
- Install FileMaker Server.
- If you are moving the installation to another computer, create a folder structure on the new computer that is identical to the folder structure on the source computer.
- Copy or move the contents of the default database folder and the additional database folder from the source computer to the new computer, including your databases, system scripts, external files for script sequences, and plug-ins.
Tip An easy way to re-create the folder structure and copy the databases and other files is to create an archive of the files and folders on the source computer and extract the archive on the new computer.
Note Any macOS subfolders containing databases, backups, script files, or plug-ins must also be readable and executable by the fmsadmin group. Database and backup folders need to be writable by the fmsadmin group for backups and uploads. Some plug-ins or scripts that use preferences or folders of additional files may require write permission to those files or folders.
For details on moving an existing installation of FileMaker Server to another machine, see FileMaker Server Installation and Configuration Guide.
- After the FileMaker Server installation is finished, you can load the schedule settings file in Admin Console. See Loading schedules settings.