Downloading database files
Transfer database files from FileMaker Server to your computer’s file system.
To download a database:
- Click the Databases page.
- Select a Closed () database. If the database is not closed, see Closing hosted files.
- Click and choose Download.
After you select the databases to download, you receive separate notifications when each database is ready to be downloaded. In each notification, click Download.
- If a database uses container fields that store objects externally, FileMaker Server creates a ZIP file containing the database and folders for the external container field objects. Depending on your web browser, the web browser may save the ZIP file to the default downloads folder, or it may ask you to specify the location for the ZIP file.
- For databases that do not use container fields that store objects externally, FileMaker Server downloads large database files as ZIP files and small database files as FMP12 files.