Folders for plug-in files
To enable the FileMaker Script Engine to use plug-ins, you must place them in the proper folder on the master machine in your FileMaker Server deployment.
- Windows: [drive]:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Database Server\Extensions\
- macOS: /Library/FileMaker Server/Database Server/Extensions/
- Linux: /opt/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Database Server/Extensions/
To enable the Web Publishing Engine to use a plug-in, place a copy of the plug-in on every machine in the deployment running a Web Publishing Engine (including the machine running the Database Server). For all web publishing solutions (XML, PHP, and FileMaker WebDirect), place the plug-ins in this folder:
- Windows: [drive]:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server\Web Publishing\publishing-engine\cwpc\Plugins\
If FileMaker Server is installed in a non-default location, the beginning portion of the default path shown above, \Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Server, is replaced with the path that was specified during installation. For example: \My_Path\Database Server\Extensions\
- macOS: /Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins/
- Linux: /opt/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpc/Plugins/
- macOS: For FileMaker Server, you must set the correct file permissions for plug-ins. See Changing plug-in file permissions (macOS).
- If the Plugins folder does not exist, you must create it. Plug-in files placed in this folder or subfolders must be owned by the fmsadmin group. The file permissions must allow the fmsadmin group to read and execute the plug-in files.