Disconnecting clients from FileMaker Server
- Click the Databases page.
- For Clients, select one or more clients.
To select all clients, click the checkbox in the table heading.
- Click Disconnect.
- For Message, enter an optional message to send to clients.
- For Delay Time, enter the number of minutes between when the notification is sent and when clients are disconnected.
Clients may see a dialog box with a 30-second countdown. If they click OK, they are disconnected immediately. If they click Cancel, they can continue working until the delay time is reached. Depending on the delay time, they may see subsequent dialog boxes until the delay time expires.
Important If you specify a delay time of 0, then clients are disconnected immediately and they may lose unsaved work.
- If you disconnect a FileMaker script client, the script stops immediately.
- If you disconnect clients connected via Custom Web Publishing, JDBC, ODBC, or the FileMaker Data API, they are disconnected immediately.