Working with data in time fields
When entering data in time fields, type the date in the system format used when the file was created. Type the time of day (or time duration) as one of the following:
- hours: 12
- hours and minutes: 12:20
- hours, minutes, and seconds: 12:20:45
- hours, minutes, seconds, and fractional seconds: 12:20:45.89
- If you type a single digit, FileMaker Pro assumes it's the hour (typing 5 in a time field indexes it as 5:00:00).
- Type the time of day in 24- or 12-hour format, with or without AM or PM. (AM is assumed for a time less than 12:00).
- You can type a negative time duration in a time field, like –08:40:00. You can't type a negative time if Strict data type validation is defined for the field options. See Defining field validation.
- For ODBC data sources, the time field parameters are restricted. Minutes and seconds must be in the range of 0 to 59, and hours must be in the range of 0 to 23. Negative time values are not supported.