Setting keys for moving between fields
You can specify for a field whether it's possible to go to the next field with the Tab key, Return key, Enter key, or any combination of these three keys. Setting more keys may make data entry easier, particularly for fields where you don't need to enter tab characters or return characters.
To set the keys that may be used to exit a field:
- In Layout mode, select one or more fields.
- In the Inspector, click the Data tab.
- In the Behavior area, for Go to next object using, select the keys you want to use for exiting fields.
- Most Windows keyboards contain two Enter keys, one in the main part of the keyboard and one in the numeric keypad. In FileMaker Pro, the Enter key in the main part of the keyboard behaves as the Return key.
- When the Tab key is set to go to the next field, you can still enter a tab character into a field by pressing Ctrl+Tab (Windows) or Option-Tab (macOS).