Claris FileMaker Pro 19 Help
Allowing or preventing entry into fields
- In Layout mode, select one or more fields.
- In the Inspector, click the Data tab.
- In the Behavior area, for Field entry, select options.
- Preventing entry into a field only affects the field object on that layout. To always restrict access to a field on any layout of the database, define a privilege set to permit "view only" field access for that field. See Managing security.
- When you prevent entry into a field in Browse mode, it’s no longer possible to copy data in that field to the Clipboard. If you want to prevent a field from being changed and still permit Clipboard copying, define the field to enter an auto-entered value and select Prohibit modification of value during data entry. See Defining automatic data entry.
Was this topic helpful? Send feedback.