Hiding or showing layout objects
You can control the visibility of layout objects by indicating whether an object is hidden or displayed depending on a specific condition or calculation. For example, you can choose to show or hide certain fields in a questionnaire as a result of a user’s response to a specific question.
To designate a layout object as hidden:
- In Layout mode, select the object.
- In the Inspector, click the Data tab.
- For Hide object when, click and specify a calculation to determine when the object should be hidden, then click OK.
- To apply the condition for the object in Find mode, select Apply in Find mode.
- In Layout mode, choose View menu > Show > Hide Condition to identify objects for which a condition has been defined to hide them. Such objects display a badge in Layout mode.
- If part or all of the calculation can’t be evaluated (returns "?"), the object becomes hidden.