Positioning objects on a layout
Several tools are available to help you precisely size, reshape, and position objects in Layout mode: the Inspector, rulers, grid, guides and dynamic guides, and screen stencils.
Using the Inspector to position objects
- In Layout mode, select one or more objects.
- In the Inspector, click the Position tab.
- In the Position area, type one or more new values.
- Press Enter or Tab, or click outside the Inspector to apply the changes.
- To change the unit of measure, see Using the rulers and grid.