Protecting objects from change
You can prevent objects from being changed, edited, moved, or deleted from a layout by locking them.
To lock objects on a layout:
- In Layout mode, select the objects you want to lock.
- In the Inspector, click the Position tab.
- In the Arrange & Align area, click Lock .
The handles of each selected object change to to indicate that the object is locked.
To unlock objects:
- Select the locked objects, then click Unlock .
- Locking a field in Layout mode does not prevent changes to the information in Browse mode. For details on securing data, see Managing security.
- When you copy or duplicate a locked object, the copy isn't locked.
- Locking doesn't prevent changes to the stacking order. See Arranging objects.
- You can lock panel controls:
- Objects on panel controls won’t be locked unless you lock the panel control.
- When you lock a slide control, its position and appearance can’t be changed. However, you can continue to make changes in the Slide Control Setup dialog box.
- When you lock a button, button bar, or popover button, you can’t change its position and appearance. However, you can make changes in the Button Setup, Button Bar Setup, or Popover Button Setup dialog box.
- Locked objects can’t be set to automatically resize when the window is resized. See Setting auto-resize options for layout objects.