Adjusts the size or location of the chosen window.
- Current Window selects the current foreground window when the script step is performed.
- Window Name selects an open window by name.
- Current file only restricts matches to the current file (not selecting this option matches all available FileMaker Pro files).
- Height is the height of the adjusted window in points.
- Width is the width of the adjusted window in points.
- Distance from top is the adjusted window’s distance in points from the top of the screen (or for a card, from the top of the layout in the parent window).
- Distance from left is the adjusted window’s distance in points from the left of the screen (or for a card, from the left of the parent window).
|FileMaker Data API||No|
|Custom Web Publishing||No|
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
The adjusted window maintains the same layout, same table, same found set, and same current record as the original window.
- Selection by window name is not case-sensitive.
- It is not necessary to enter values for each option. When no value is entered, FileMaker Pro uses the original location and size of the window as default values.
- Minimum window height and width depend on the script user’s operating system. If the height and width values you specify are less than the minimum, FileMaker Pro uses the minimum values.
- Maximum window height and width depend on the script user’s screen resolution. If the height or width values you specify are greater than the maximum, FileMaker Pro uses the maximum value possible.
- In FileMaker Pro, you can move a window offscreen by supplying negative top, left, or both values, which can be useful for multiple-monitor environments.
- In FileMaker Go and FileMaker WebDirect:
- this script step is supported only for cards.
- In FileMaker Go:
- a card’s height and width can’t exceed the screen size.
- if a card is larger than the screen size, the top position value will be set to 0.
- In FileMaker WebDirect:
- if a card is larger than the browser window size, the top and left position values will be set to (0, 0).
- a card’s top and left position values will not be negative if they aren’t specified.
- make sure that a card’s size doesn’t exceed that of the browser window it will be displayed in. Any portion of a card that extends past the right or bottom edge of the browser window is clipped.
- macOS: This script step has no effect on a full-screen window, and returns an error code.
Goes to the Customer Info layout, positions the window in the top-left corner of the FileMaker Pro window (Windows) or the top-left corner of the screen (macOS), and resizes the window.
Go to Layout ["Customer Info"]
Move/Resize Window [Current Window; Height: 400; Width: 600; Top: 0; Left: 0]