Imports an audio or video file, or a file reference, into the current interactive container.
- Store only as reference instructs FileMaker Pro to store only a link to an audio or video file in the container field instead of the actual file. This option may reduce the size of your FileMaker Pro file, but if you move or delete the file being referenced, FileMaker Pro won't be able to display it.
- Specify source file specifies the audio or video file you intend to insert in the interactive container. The file path must begin with
movielinux. See Creating file paths.
|FileMaker Cloud products||No|
|FileMaker Data API||No|
|Custom Web Publishing||No|
Originated in version
You must specify a field, click in a field, or use the Go to Field script step before performing this script step.
When Insert Audio/Video is performed, unless a file is specified with the Specify source file option, FileMaker Pro displays a dialog box where the user can select and preview the file to be imported.
- FileMaker WebDirect does not support the Store only as reference or Specify source file options.
- If there is no active container field on the layout where the script is being performed, Insert Audio/Video returns an error code that can be captured with the Get(LastError) function.
- This script step works only for interactive containers. For more information, see Specifying formats for container fields.
- For a list of supported media types, see Using data in container fields.
Goes to the Media field and inserts an audio file using the relative path
Go to Field [Customers::Media]
Insert Audio/Video ["Music.mp3"]
Inserts the media file specified in the Media Name field into the active container field by reference.
Set Variable [$MEDIA_PATH; Value: Get ( DocumentsPath ) & Products::Media Name]
Insert Audio/Video [Reference; "$MEDIA_PATH"]