Go to Field
Moves to the specified field on the current layout.
- Select/perform tells FileMaker Pro to select all contents of a field. For example, if the primary command is Edit, Select/perform opens the document in a state ready for editing.
- Go to target field specifies the target field.
|FileMaker Data API||Yes|
|Custom Web Publishing||Yes|
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
- If this script step specifies a field on a tab panel or a slide panel that is not the frontmost panel, the specified field is selected and the panel it is on moves to the front of the panel control. If, however, the same field appears elsewhere on the layout and the script finds that field first, the panel with that same field will not come forward. You can force FileMaker Pro to find a specific field by assigning an object name to the field and using the Go to Object script step to move to that instance of the field. If the object is a repeating field, you can also specify which repetition that you want to go to.
- When a layout contains multiple instances of a field, and a script that includes the Go to Field script step is run, the first visible instance of the field, based on its creation order on the layout, will have the focus. To specify a particular instance, use the Go to Object script step instead.
- If the script step specifies a field on a popover, the popover opens.
- In FileMaker WebDirect:
- The cursor moves to the specified field.
- If the target field is not visible in the web browser window, Go to Field does not scroll the window to make the target field visible.
Goes to the Invoice Details layout, creates a record, and goes to the Summary field.
Go to Layout ["Invoice Details"]
Go to Field [Invoices::Summary]