Export Field Contents
Exports the contents of a single field in the active record to a new file.
- Specify target field specifies the field to be exported. If no field is specified, FileMaker Pro exports the contents of the current field in the active table.
- Specify output file specifies the name and location of the file to which the field contents will be exported. See Creating file paths. If no file is specified, the user is asked to choose a filename and location when the script step is performed.
You can select:
- Automatically open file to have the output file open with the default application
- Create email with file as attachment to display a new email message in the user's default email application, with the output file attached
- Create folders specifies whether to create new folders that you specify in the output file path.
|FileMaker Data API||No|
|Custom Web Publishing||No|
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
If the contents of the exported field is text, then this script step creates a UTF-16 format text file. To convert the text to another format first, use the TextEncode function.
- In FileMaker WebDirect:
- The Specify output file and Create folders options are not supported. FileMaker WebDirect exports field contents to the web browser's default download location.
- This script step is not supported in mobile browsers.
- In FileMaker Go:
- Text is exported as a UTF-8 format text file.
- The Create folders option is not supported.
Opens a dialog box to set the export path with a new folder and a filename, then exports the image.
Export Field Contents [Products::Picture; "Mobile Phone.png"; Create folders: On]
Exports files from the Container field in all the records in the found set to a set file path.
Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]
Set Variable [ $PATH ; Value: Get ( DocumentsPath ) & GetContainerAttribute ( Products::Container ; "filename" ) ]
Export Field Contents [ Products::Container ; "$PATH" ; Create folders: Off ]
Go to Record/Request/Page [ Next ; Exit after last: On ]