Go to Portal Row
Navigates among the rows in the active portal.
- Select specifies whether to select the entire portal row. If Off, only one field in the portal is active.
- First moves to the first row in the portal.
- Last moves to the last row in the portal.
- Previous moves to the previous row in the portal.
- Next moves to the next row in the portal.
- Exit after last exits the script when it reaches the last portal row if Next or Previous is selected. You can use Exit after last within a loop to exit the loop after the last portal row.
- By Calculation moves to the row number that is the result of the calculation you create, or to the row number confirmed in a dialog box if you set With dialog to On.
|FileMaker Cloud products||Partial|
|FileMaker Data API||Partial|
|Custom Web Publishing||Partial|
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
When no portal is active, the script uses the first portal in the layout stacking order.
This script step tries to keep the same field selected when changing rows. If no field in a portal is selected, the script step selects the first field it can enter.
When a field in a portal is selected, you can use this step to move to the same field in another portal row. For example, if the third field in the second portal row is selected, then
Go to Portal Row [Select: Off ; Next ; Exit after last: Off]
goes to the third field in the third portal row.
- In a portal that displays records from the current table, this script step has the same result as Go to Record/Request/Page.
- In FileMaker WebDirect, the cursor moves next to the specified row, but the row is not selected.
- Server-side scripts, the FileMaker Data API, and Custom Web Publishing do not support the By Calculation option.
Goes to the last row of a portal to create a record.
Go to Field [Related Invoices::Summary]
Go to Portal Row [Select: Off ; Last]
Allows a user to make batch updates to the Status field in a portal.
Go to Portal Row [Select: On ; First]
Go to Field [Select/perform; Invoices::Status]
Pause/Resume Script [Indefinitely]
Go to Portal Row [Select: Off ; Next ; Exit after last: On]