Finding empty or non-empty fields
- Start a find request.
- Click Perform Find in the status toolbar.
To find fields that are
Enter this in the field
Not empty (fields that have data)
To find empty container fields:
Use one of these methods:
- Define a calculation field in the same table as the container field. In the calculation, use the GetAsText function. For example:Copy
GetAsText ( table::container )
Place this calculation field on the same layout as the container field. Then perform a find request for records in which the calculation field is empty, as described above.
- Define a script that shows all records and then omits each record with a non-empty container field. For example:Copy
Show All Records
Go to Record/Request/Page [ First ]
If [ not IsEmpty ( table::container ) ]
Go to Record/Request/Page [ Next ; Exit after last: On ]
- If any value is empty in a repeating field, then a search using "=" returns that field.
- To find empty fields formatted as a checkbox set or a radio button set, in the find request, right-click the field, choose Operators, then choose =.