Closes a FileMaker Pro file or disconnects from an ODBC data source.
- Current File closes the file that runs the script step.
- Add FileMaker Data Source specifies a FileMaker Pro file to disconnect from.
- Add ODBC Data Source specifies an ODBC data source to disconnect from.
- Manage Data Sources allows you to modify or remove external data sources you have added. See Editing FileMaker data sources and Editing ODBC data sources.
|FileMaker Data API
|Custom Web Publishing
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
If you do not specify a file, FileMaker Pro stops the currently running script and closes the FileMaker file that the script is running from.
This script step disconnects the specified ODBC data source. This lets you "re-login" to the specified ODBC data source with a different user name and password, without closing the FileMaker file.
- If a user moves the specified file, FileMaker Pro might not be able to close the file.
- Close File can't close external data sources that are referenced in the relationships graph.
Opens the Invoices database and performs a script, then closes the current database.
Open File [Open hidden: Off ; "Invoices"]
Perform Script [Specified: From list ; "Sort Records" from file: "Invoices" ; Parameter: ]
Close File [Current File]