Changes the password for the current FileMaker file account.
- Old Password is the old password for the current account.
- New Password is the new password for the current account.
- With dialog specifies whether to display the Change Password dialog box when the script step is performed. If With dialog is Off, FileMaker Pro uses the literal password information stored with the script step, or generates a new password based on a calculation.
|FileMaker Cloud products||Partial|
|FileMaker Data API||Partial|
|Custom Web Publishing||Partial|
Originated in version
This script step displays the Change Password dialog box, unless the With dialog option is set to Off. Change Password allows you to change your password but not your access privileges.
- This script step works only with FileMaker file accounts. For other account types and the Guest account, it returns error code 3 ("Command is unavailable").
- Users must have password change privileges to use this script step to change their passwords. To enable users who do not have password change privileges to run this script step, right-click the current script in the scripts pane and choose Grant Full Access Privileges.
- Unless the Set Error Capture script step has enabled error capture, users get five attempts to change their password.
- If Set Error Capture is on, users get a single attempt to enter their old and new password.
Opens the Change Password dialog box every ten times the database is opened to encourage the user to change his or her password frequently. Started by the OnFirstWindowOpen script trigger.
Set Field [Accounts::Open Count; Accounts::Open Count + 1]
If [Accounts::Open Count = 10]
Set Field [Accounts::Open Count; 0]
Change Password [With dialog: On]