Adds a new FileMaker file account.
- Account Name is the name for the new account.
- Password is the password for the new account.
- Privilege Set lets you assign a predefined privilege set for this user or create a new privilege set.
The Full Access privilege set cannot be assigned via this script step. Accounts with Full Access privilege sets must be created manually.
- User must change password on next login forces users to change their password the next time they log in to the database.
|FileMaker Data API||Yes|
|Custom Web Publishing||Yes|
Originated in version
The account name and password can be literals stored with this script step, or generated at runtime based on calculations that you set up.
- This script step works only with FileMaker file accounts.
- Account names must be unique.
- You must be assigned the Full Access privilege set to perform this script step. To enable users with less than full access privileges to perform this script step, right-click the current script in the scripts pane and choose Grant Full Access Privileges.
Adds a new user account with data entry only privileges. Requires you to change the password the next time you log in to the account.
Add Account [Account Name: "User"; Password: "1234"; Privilege Set: "[Data Entry Only]"; Expire password]
Adds a new account with read-only privileges using the name and password in the custom dialog box.
Show Custom Dialog ["Do you want to add a new account?"; Accounts::Name; Accounts::Password]
If [Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 1]
Add Account [Account Name: Accounts::Name; Password: Accounts::Password; Privilege Set: "[Read-Only Access]"]
Adds a new data entry only account unless the current user has read-only privileges. Uses the current user's name for the new account name.
If [Get ( AccountPrivilegeSetName ) ≠ "[Read-Only Access]"]
Add Account [Account Name: Get ( UserName ); Password: "1234"; Privilege Set: "[Data Entry Only]"; Expire password]
Show Custom Dialog ["You do not have enough privileges to add an account."]