Find Matching Records
Finds records based on the context of a specified field.
- Specify target field specifies the field you want to search by.
- Replace searches the entire database and replaces the current found set with records that match the contents of the active field.
- Constrain searches the found set and displays matching records based on the contents of the active field (a logical AND search).
- Extend broadens your found set to include additional records that match criteria in the specified field (a logical OR search).
|FileMaker Cloud products||Yes|
|FileMaker Data API||Yes|
|Custom Web Publishing||Yes|
Originated in version
Finds records based on the context of a specified field, letting you create scripts that behave similarly to using the shortcut menu in Table View.
If you do not specify a field, FileMaker Pro searches based on the contents of the field that is active when the script runs. If data is selected in the active field, FileMaker Pro searches for the selected data. If data is not selected, FileMaker Pro searches for the entire contents of the active field. If you do not specify a field and there is no active field when the script runs, FileMaker Pro displays an invalid command alert.
Find Matching Records runs in Browse or Preview modes. If the database is in another mode when the script runs, FileMaker Pro switches to Browse mode before running the script.
Find Matching Records can be copied and pasted or imported into other FileMaker Pro files.
- If you manually select field data before you run this script step in FileMaker WebDirect, the script step performs as if you did not make a selection. To select field data before you run this script step in FileMaker WebDirect, use the Set Selection script step.
Finds all records with the same category as the current record, then switches to Table View.
Find Matching Records [Replace; Products::Category]
View As [View as Table]
Opens a new window, goes to the Invoices layout, finds all records in the found set with the same Customer ID as the current record, sorts the new found set, and goes to the first record.
New Window [Style: Document; Using layout: "Invoices" (Invoices)]
Find Matching Records [Constrain; Invoices::Customer ID]
Sort Records [Restore; With dialog: Off]
Go to Record/Request/Page [First]
Either extends the found set with records matching the current record's Customer ID or creates a new found set with records matching the current record's Customer ID.
Show Custom Dialog ["Do you want to add the current customer to the found set?"]
If [ Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 1 ]
Find Matching Records [Extend; Invoices::Customer ID]
Find Matching Records [Replace; Invoices::Customer ID]