Save Records As Excel
Saves records to a specified Excel worksheet.
- With dialog specifies whether the Excel Options dialog box will display when the script step is performed, if you have already specified a file. If you have not specified a file, the Save Records as Excel dialog box will display as the script step is performed, but the Excel Options dialog box will not display.
- Specify output file specifies the file path. Choose the folder you want to export to, or type the file path directly into the list. Specify one path per line. FileMaker Pro uses the first path it locates. See Creating file paths.
You can select:
- Automatically open file to have the output file open with the default application
- Create email with file as attachment to display a new email message in the user’s default email application, with the output file attached
If FileMaker Pro runs a script that does not specify an absolute path, and the database file containing the script is hosted, the path is assumed to be the current user’s Documents folder.
- Specify options displays the "Save Records as Excel" Options dialog box. From the Save list, choose Records being browsed or Current record. Specify whether the values in the first row should be used as field names or as data. For Worksheet, Title, Subject, and Author, you can enter text directly, or click Specify to enter a field name or values from a calculation.
- Create folders specifies whether to create new folders that you specify in the output file path.
|FileMaker Cloud products||No|
|FileMaker Data API||No|
|Custom Web Publishing||No|
Originated in version
This script step operates in all modes except Find mode.
- To save records as a Microsoft Excel worksheet, your privilege set must include Allow exporting or you must set the script to run with full access privileges.
Finds and sorts records, then saves the found set as an Excel file without prompting the user.
Go to Layout ["Invoices"]
Perform Find [Restore]
Sort Records [Restore; With dialog: Off]
Save Records as Excel [With dialog: Off; "Unpaid Invoice List.xlsx"; Records being browsed ; Create folders: Off]