Performs a script before an active object is exited as a result of the following:
- a user tabs away from an object
- a user clicks a different object
- a script step attempts to make a different object be the active object
- a user requests a dialog box that would normally cause the field to be exited
- a user attempts to move between rows in a portal object
- a user attempts to move between repetitions in a repeating field
When the script runs
Before the event has been processed.
Modes in which the trigger can be used
Browse and Find modes.
You can use the Exit Script script step within the triggered script to return True or False.
- True: The event that triggered the script proceeds.
- False: The event that triggered the script is canceled.
|FileMaker Cloud products||Yes|
|FileMaker Data API||Yes|
|Custom Web Publishing||Yes|
Originated in version
- In FileMaker WebDirect, this script trigger will not activate when assigned to a web viewer.
- The trigger will activate regardless of how the object is formatted.
- If the object is set to not allow entry, the script can only be triggered if the object is entered using a script step.
- The OnObjectEnter script trigger, OnObjectExit script trigger, and OnObjectKeystroke script trigger can be activated when assigned to summary and calculation fields.
- Clicking into a different portal row will activate the OnObjectExit script trigger set on the row being exited and then the OnObjectEnter script trigger for the new row. As with OnObjectExit script triggers assigned to other objects, the script trigger is activated before the exit occurs, and the script determines whether the exit is successful based on the script result.
- Scrolling does not make the object active and does not activate this script trigger.
- See Actions that don’t activate script triggers for a list of other actions that do not activate this script trigger.
- OnObjectExit will not activate from a portal in Find mode.