Performs a script when a layout object becomes active as a result of the following:
- a user tabs to the object
- a user clicks the object
- a script step causes an object to be entered
- a user moves between repetitions in a repeating field
When the script runs
After the event has been processed.
Modes in which the trigger can be used
Browse and Find modes.
|FileMaker Cloud products||Yes|
|FileMaker Data API||Yes|
|Custom Web Publishing||Yes|
Originated in version
- In FileMaker WebDirect, this script trigger will not activate when assigned to a web viewer.
- The OnObjectEnter script trigger, OnObjectExit script trigger, and OnObjectKeystroke script trigger can be activated when assigned to summary and calculation fields.
- If OnObjectEnter is assigned to a portal object, it will activate whenever a different portal row becomes active. Clicking another object in the same portal row will not cause the portal’s OnObjectEnter script trigger to activate again.
- OnObjectEnter will not activate from a portal in Find mode.
- When FileMaker Pro switches to Find mode and a field is entered, OnObjectEnter is activated if the trigger is set to run in Find mode.
- Scrolling does not make the object active and does not activate this script trigger.
- Clicking a button, popover button, or panel control does not activate this script trigger on the button or tab. Pressing Tab to navigate to a button, tab panel, or slide panel and make it the active object does activate this script trigger.
- Closing a popover with the Esc key or the Close Popover script step makes the associated popover button active and activates the OnObjectEnter script trigger.
- See Actions that don’t activate script triggers for a list of actions that do not activate this script trigger.