Setting script triggers for objects
- Create the script that you want a script trigger to run.
- In Layout mode, select a layout.
- Select one or more objects.
- Choose Format menu > Set Script Triggers.
- In the Set Script Triggers dialog box, double-click the event that you want to run the script.
- In the Specify Script dialog box, choose the script.
- (Optional) To specify a script parameter, type the text you want. Or, click Edit and use the Specify Calculation dialog box to build a more complex parameter, then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Specify Script dialog box.
- In the Set Script Triggers dialog box, select modes for the script trigger.
- Click OK.
A badge or appears on the object or objects on which you set the script trigger. (The badge that appears depends on the size of the object.) If you don’t see a badge, choose View menu > Show > Script Triggers.
- Changes made to an object in one layout will not activate script triggers on the same object in a different layout.
- To disable a script trigger without removing it, clear the mode checkboxes.
- If you select multiple objects that have different settings for a script trigger, the Set Script Triggers dialog box displays a minus sign ("-") to indicate that the trigger has not been set on some of the objects.