Deletes the contents of the specified field in the current record and saves the contents to the Clipboard.
- Select entire contents deletes the contents of a field in the current record and saves it to the Clipboard. If you do not use Select entire contents, only the selected portion of the field's data is cut.
- Go to target field specifies the field whose contents you want to cut.
|FileMaker Data API||Yes|
|Custom Web Publishing||Yes|
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
This script step removes the contents of the field. To duplicate the field information, use the Copy script step.
- Contents that you cut or copy to the Clipboard are accessible to other applications.
- With FileMaker WebDirect, the Cut script step does not place data onto the Clipboard.
- If you manually select field data before you run this script step in FileMaker WebDirect, the script step performs as if you did not make a selection. To select field data before you run this script step in FileMaker WebDirect, use the Set Selection script step.
Cuts the contents of the Email field in the current record.
Prompts the user to either cut or copy the contents of the Email field.
Show Custom Dialog ["Do you want to cut or copy the customer's email address?"]
If [Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 1]
Else If [Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 2]