Copies the contents of the specified field in the current record and saves the contents to the Clipboard.
- Select entire contents copies the entire contents of a field in the current record to the Clipboard. If you do not use Select entire contents, only the selected portion of the field's data is copied.
- Go to target field specifies the field whose contents you want to copy. When no field is specified and nothing is selected, FileMaker Pro copies the values from all fields of the current record.
|FileMaker Cloud products||Yes|
|FileMaker Data API||Yes|
|Custom Web Publishing||Yes|
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
This script step duplicates the contents of the field. To remove the field information, use the Cut script step.
- Contents that you cut or copy to the Clipboard are accessible to other applications.
- With FileMaker WebDirect, the Copy script step does not place data onto the Clipboard.
- If you manually select field data before you run this script step in FileMaker WebDirect, the script step performs as if you did not make a selection. To select field data before you run this script step in FileMaker WebDirect, use the Set Selection script step.
Prompts the user to either cut or copy the contents of the Email field.
Show Custom Dialog ["Do you want to cut or copy the customer's email address?"]
If [Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 1]
Else If [Get ( LastMessageChoice ) = 2]