You can expand or reduce the width of a layout to accommodate more objects or eliminate blank space on the layout. Making a layout wider helps you see the edge of the layout without resizing the window.
To change the width of a layout:
- Drag the gray line on the right side of the layout.
- Use auto-resize settings to automatically resize objects. See Setting auto-resize options for layout objects.
- You can place objects on the gray area to the right of the layout. This lets you store objects with a layout, yet prevent them from appearing in Browse, Find, and Preview modes.
Objects located in the gray area:
- are available for use in script steps.
- do not appear in Browse mode regardless of auto-resize settings.
- are skipped in the tab order.
- appear in dialog box lists and in Table View (field objects).