Setting the automatic record-saving option for a layout
When you make data entry changes to a record, normally the changes are saved automatically when you exit the record and display another record. If you prefer, you can set FileMaker Pro to display a "Save changes to this record?" confirmation dialog box when exiting a record in which data has been changed.
You can set the usage of this confirmation dialog box on a layout-by-layout basis.
To set the automatic record-saving option for a layout:
- In Layout mode, choose the layout you want to work with from the Layout pop-up menu.
- Click Layout Setup in the layout bar.
- In the Layout Setup dialog box, do one of the following:
- To save record changes automatically, select Save record changes automatically.
- To display a confirmation dialog box when exiting a record in which data has been changed, clear Save record changes automatically.