Showing field borders and fill for the current record
If you have added borders or fill to a field, you can display the borders and fill on only the current record or on all records in the field in List View and in reports. For information on adding borders or background color or images, see Adding borders, fill, and baselines to fields.
To show field borders and background fill on only the current record:
- In Layout mode, choose the layout you want to work with from the Layout pop-up menu.
- Click Layout Setup in the layout bar.
You see the Layout Setup dialog box.
- To show field borders and background fill for only the current record in List View or a report, select Delineate fields on current record only.
- To print field borders and fill, do not select Delineate fields on current record only. When this option is selected, borders and fill will show on the current record in List View, but not when you print, print to PDF, or preview the records being browsed. Borders and fill do print for all records in a field if the option is deselected.
- Fields in summary parts, header parts, footer parts, and top and bottom navigation parts have the same styles as other text in these layout parts, and do not display borders and fill.
- Summary fields do not display borders and fill, but will show the field frame when the field is in the In Focus display state.