Saving and sending records as a PDF file
- Display the layout that you want to use as a basis for the PDF file.
The PDF file’s appearance is based on the current layout when you create the PDF file.
- To save only some records as a PDF, create a found set.
- In Browse or Layout mode, choose File menu > Save/Send Records As > PDF.
In Preview mode, click Save as PDF in the status toolbar.
- In the Save Records As PDF dialog box, enter a name for the file and specify other options.
You can save the current record, all the records in the found set, or a blank record that can be used as a paper form.
- Click Save.
- To append records to an existing FileMaker Pro PDF file, you must create a script that uses the Save Records as PDF script step and select the Append to existing PDF option. See Save Records As PDF script step.
- To save PDF files, your access privileges must allow printing. See your database administrator.
- If either password option is specified in the PDF file, the file will be protected and its contents will also be encrypted. An encrypted PDF file's content appears as "unreadable text" when opened using non-PDF reading applications. The file's content cannot be indexed by the operating system and search engines, which means users will not be able to search for content within the document using desktop and internet search utilities.