Performs a script each time you close the last window of a database file.
When the script runs
Before the last window of a file is closed.
Modes in which the trigger can be used
OnLastWindowClose activates after FileMaker Pro exits a mode.
You can use the Exit Script script step within the triggered script to return True or False.
- True: The event that triggered the script proceeds.
- False: The event that triggered the script is canceled.
|FileMaker Data API||Partial|
|Custom Web Publishing||Partial|
Originated in version
- The script will run even if the file itself remains open, for example if it is referenced by another file with open windows. The closing script will be performed each time the last open window of the specified file is closed.
- If the script executed by the OnLastWindowClose script trigger returns a False value, then the file will not close.
- In the FileMaker Data API and Custom Web Publishing, the OnLastWindowClose script trigger is activated only when a script closes the last virtual window.