You can import, convert, and export files in comma-separated values format.
Importing or converting comma-separated values files
- You can choose whether FileMaker Pro uses a specified row of data in the file as field names.
- All fields are text fields.
Exporting comma-separated values files
Commas separate field values. Carriage return characters separate records. Quotation marks enclose all field values.
- Carriage return characters in a field export as vertical tab characters.
- Values in repeating fields are separated by the group separator character.
- Only numeric data is exported from number fields. Any non-numeric data such as text or symbols is not included in the exported data.
- Quotation marks (") in a field (not curly quotes) export as double quotation marks ("").