Adding a tab control
- In Layout mode, choose the layout you want from the Layout pop-up menu.
- In the status toolbar:
- Windows: Click the arrow next to the Tab Control tool or the Slide Control tool and choose Tab Control, then drag the crosshair to draw the tab control.
- macOS: Click and hold the Tab Control tool or the Slide Control tool and choose Tab Control, then drag the crosshair to draw the tab control.
- To name the tab, in the Tab Control Setup dialog box, do one of the following:
- For Tab Name, type a name for this tab panel.
- Click Specify to create a tab label based on a calculation. See Specify Calculation dialog box.
- Click Create.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create additional tab panels.
- If you want to apply the same style to all tabs in this tab control, select Tabs share single style.
- For Default Front Tab, choose the panel you want in front when you switch from Layout mode to another mode.
When you switch to Layout mode from another mode, the frontmost tab panel is the one that was last displayed in the previous mode.
- Choose Tab Justification options: Left, Center, Right, or Full.
- Choose Tab Width options: Label Width, Label Width + Margin, Width of Widest Label, Minimum of, or Fixed Width of.
- For Label Width + Margin, Minimum of, or Fixed Width of, choose a units option: Inches, Centimeter or Points, then enter a value in the box.
- Click OK.
- To add objects to the tab panel, use the layout tools in the status toolbar, choose from the Insert menu, or drag objects onto the tab panel.
- You cannot place a tab control in a portal. However, you can place a tab control in a popover within a portal.