Setting script triggers for layouts
- Create the script that you want a script trigger to run.
- In Layout mode, select a layout.
- Click Layout Setup in the layout bar.
- In the Layout Setup dialog box, click the Script Triggers tab and double-click the event that you want to run the script.
- In the Specify Script dialog box, choose the script.
- (Optional) To specify a script parameter, type the text you want. Or, click Edit and use the Specify Calculation dialog box to build a more complex parameter, then click OK.
- Click OK to close the Specify Script dialog box.
- In the Layout Setup dialog box, select modes for the script trigger.
- Click OK.
A badge appears in the lower-right corner of a layout on which you set a layout script trigger. If you don’t see the badge, choose View menu > Show > Script Triggers. In the Manage Layouts dialog box, you see next to the name of a layout for which a layout script trigger is set.
Script triggers set for one layout do not apply to other layouts. To include a script trigger on multiple layouts, repeat these steps on each layout.