Saving settings for the Developer Utilities
Note This feature is available when the Use advanced tools general preference is selected. See Using advanced tools.
When you create a customized set of files in FileMaker Pro, you can save the settings you specify in the Developer Utilities dialog box and reuse them again. The settings include the list of files to be modified.
To save a settings file:
- Close all of your database files that you are going to customize.
- Choose Tools menu > Developer Utilities.
- Click Add to locate the files that you want to customize.
- If you add multiple files, double-click a file in the list to specify the primary file.
- Select Developer Utilities settings as required. See Using the Developer Utilities.
- For Solution Options, click Specify, and select options as required. See Specifying options for the Developer Utilities.
- Click Save Settings.
- Choose a location and filename for the settings file.
- Click Save.
The extension .sav is automatically added and should not be changed.