Restoring links to ODBC data sources
If one or more table names have changed in an ODBC data source, you can use the Manage Database dialog box to update links between a FileMaker Pro file and the external SQL data source (ESS).
To update links to ODBC data sources:
- Choose File menu > Manage > Database.
- In the Manage Database dialog box, click the Tables tab.
FileMaker Pro displays tables from the ODBC table in italics. If a table name has been changed in the ODBC data source, <Table Missing> appears in the Details column and a Re-link button appears in the Manage Database dialog box.
- Select the missing table.
- Click Re-link.
- In the Specify Table dialog box, select the renamed table and click OK.
If field names in the ODBC table have changed or are missing, you must synchronize the field schema. See Updating data between FileMaker and ODBC data sources.
- Re-linking does not validate or re-specify primary keys.
- You can narrow the list of tables displayed by setting a filter in the ODBC tab in the Edit Data Source dialog box. See Editing ODBC data sources.