Setting up two-step verification
In addition to signing in with your Claris ID user name, or your email, and password, you can further protect your account by entering a unique verification code each time you sign in. The verification code is sent to the phone number you provide. By using this two-step verification process, both your password and a verification code are needed to sign in to your account.
If you didn’t set up two-step verification when you signed up for a Claris ID account, you can do so after you’ve created an account.
Note Message and data rates may apply.
To set up two-step verification:
- Go to your Profile page.
- In the Security area, for Two-Step Verification, click Turn on two-step verification. Click Continue.
- Choose the country, and enter a phone number that can receive text messages. Click Continue.
A six-digit verification code is sent to the phone number you provided.
- To have another verification code sent, click Resend verification code.
- To use a different phone number, click Use a different phone number.
To turn off two-step verification:
- On your Profile page, for Two-Step Verification, click Turn off two-step verification.
The phone number you provided is removed from your account.
To verify a phone number:
- If Unverified appears next to your phone number on your Profile page, click Verify phone number.
- Enter the code, then click Continue.
A six-digit verification code is sent to your phone number.
Your phone number now displays as Verified.