Returns text about errors external to the FileMaker Platform that are returned by Get(LastError).
Get ( LastExternalErrorDetail )
Data type returned
Originated in version
6.0 or earlier
- For ODBC imports and Execute SQL script steps, returns a detailed ODBC error message.
- For working with ODBC data sources in the relationships graph, returns the readable error string that is generated by the ODBC driver.
- For actions that attempt to connect to a host securely, returns an SSL certificate error message.
- For external script steps, returns an error message if it is specified by the plug-in.
- For operations that use cURL options, returns a message from the cURL library or a response code from the server. See Supported cURL options.
- For operations that attempt to lock records already in use, returns the name and account of the user currently editing the record.
- For plug-ins that fail to install or load, returns an error message.
For ODBC imports and Execute SQL script steps, returns [DataDirect][Macintosh ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (-1) when a data source name wasn’t found and the driver wasn’t specified.