Claris Connect Release Notes
This document provides additional information about Claris Connect™. For further information, see the Product Documentation Center or visit the support resources on our website.
New features and enhancements
Integration with Apple School Manager
- Sign in with Apple ID - Apple School Manager users can now use their existing Managed Apple ID to sign up for and sign in to Claris Connect.
- Onboarding - A streamlined onboarding process helps get school districts started with Claris Connect and allows them to sync their Student Information System (SIS) data with Apple School Manager in only a few minutes.
- IMS Global Certification - Claris Connect is now IMS Global Certified for the OneRoster specification, which supports secure sharing of roster, course, enrollment, and grades data with Apple School Manager.
SIS connectors with templates
- SIS connectors are now available for Aeries, Follett Aspen, and Skyward, which adhere to the OneRoster API specification.
- For each connector, an action is available that automates importing and uploading data from the SIS directly to Apple School Manager. Preconfigured substeps in this action perform all the necessary data processing before the upload.
- A flow template is available for each SIS connector. The templates provide a wizard-driven experience for creating a flow that automates daily sync of roster data to Apple School Manager.
- Apple School Manager templates area - A new section in the Templates tab provides quick access to templates specifically designed for syncing SIS data with Apple School Manager.
- History tab - New icons help you quickly identify the status of steps in a flow run.
Known issues, limitations, and workarounds
The following limitations are known and being worked on:
- Users already signed in to Claris Connect must sign out before accepting an Apple School Manager invitation.
- Users must use their Managed Apple ID to sign in to Claris Connect if they already have a Claris Connect Account. The accounts are not shared.
Processing an Apple School Manager license can take up to an hour.
Note: Customers should contact Claris® Sales if their license is not processed.