Claris Connect Release Notes
This document provides additional information about Claris Connect™. For further information, see the Product Documentation Center or visit the support resources on our website.
New features and enhancements
Integration with Apple School Manager
- Sign in with Apple ID - Apple School Manager users can now use their existing Managed Apple ID to sign up and sign in to Claris Connect.
- Onboarding - Streamlined onboarding process that helps get school districts started with Claris Connect and allows them to sync their Student Information System (SIS) data with Apple School Manager in only a few minutes.
- Aeries SIS connector - Added a new connector for the Aeries SIS with an action that automates importing and uploading data from the SIS via the OneRoster API directly to Apple School Manager. Pre-configured substeps in the action perform all of the necessary data conversions and transformations before uploading the data to Apple School Manager.
- Aeries SIS template - Added a new template for the Aeries SIS to provide a wizard-driven experience for creating a flow that automates daily sync of roster data to Apple School Manager.
- Apple School Manager templates area - Added a new section in the Templates tab for providing quick access to templates specifically designed for syncing SIS data with Apple School Manager.
- History tab - Added new icons that help to quickly identify the status of steps in a flow run.
Known issues, limitations, and workarounds
The following limitations are known and being worked on:
- Users already signed in to Claris Connect must sign out before accepting an Apple School Manager invitation.
- Users must use their Managed Apple ID to sign into Claris Connect if they already have a Claris Connect Account. The accounts are not shared.
Processing an Apple School Manager license can take time, up to an hour.
Note: Customers should contact Claris Sales if their license is not processed.