Claris FileMaker Cloud 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
This document provides information about Claris® FileMaker Cloud® 220.127.116.11. For more information, see the Product Documentation Center or visit the support resources on our website.
FileMaker Cloud 18.104.22.168 Release Notes
FileMaker Cloud 22.214.171.124 is compatible with Claris FileMaker® 18 and 19 Platform clients.
New features and enhancements
Creating custom apps from Claris Customer Console
Team managers can now create custom apps directly from Claris Customer Console.
- This feature is currently supported only in English.
- To create apps from Claris Customer Console, you need to upgrade your instance to FileMaker Cloud 126.96.36.199.
- If FileMaker Cloud is using a temporary host name, wait until your preferred host name has been approved and is visible before you create an app.
To create an app:
- Sign in to Claris Customer Console using your Claris ID user name and password.
- On the Home page, click Create New.
- Type a name for your app, then click Create.
After you create the app, it is hosted by FileMaker Cloud. On the Home page, click the app and use one of these options to open the app:
- Open in FileMaker WebDirect: You can edit the layout and work with the data in Claris FileMaker WebDirect®. Click to edit the layout. Click to Share the app with other users and groups.
- Open in FileMaker Pro: You can work with the data, but you can’t edit the layout. To edit the layout in Claris FileMaker Pro™, you need to download the file from FileMaker Cloud, then open and edit the file locally. See the following instructions.
To edit the layout in FileMaker Pro:
Step 1: Edit account access in FileMaker Pro.
- On the Home page, click the app, then click Open in FileMaker Pro.
- Choose FileMaker Pro menu > Preferences.
- In the General tab, make sure the Use advanced tools preference is selected. You must restart FileMaker Pro if you change this preference.
- Choose Tools menu > Custom Menus > [Standard FileMaker Menus].
- Choose File menu > Manage > Security.
- For Authenticate via, choose FileMaker File or External Server.
- Activate the Admin account, which is assigned the Full Access privilege set, and make sure to set a password. Save the account name and password in a secure place.
- Quit FileMaker Pro.
Step 2: Download the app and edit the layout.
- In Claris Customer Console, click Hosts, then click Go to FileMaker Cloud Admin Console.
- In FileMaker Admin Console, click Databases.
- To retrieve the encryption password, click the options menu next to the database, and choose Show Encryption Password. Save the encryption password in a secure place.
- To close the database, click the down arrow next to the database, and choose Close.
- To download the database, click the down arrow next to the database, and choose Download. After the file is ready to be downloaded, you receive a notification in Admin Console. Click Download File in the notification.
- Open the downloaded file locally in FileMaker Pro to edit the layout. To open the file, you need to use the encryption password you received in FileMaker Cloud Admin Console and the Admin account name and password you set earlier in FileMaker Pro.
For information about editing the file in FileMaker Pro, see FileMaker Pro 19.2.1 Release Notes in the Knowledge Base.
New API for uploading large files
This release includes the appendmp API call, which allows you to upload large files to FileMaker Cloud faster. Use this API call to upload a database divided into multiple parts, where most parts can be uploaded at the same time. See FileMaker Admin API Guide.
Upgraded instance types
To provide the best FileMaker Cloud experience, instance types are upgraded to provide the right amount of power to run your cloud-hosted apps. For example, if you have a medium instance type, you’ll be automatically upgraded to a large instance at no additional cost. For information about the instance types, see "Managing subscriptions (FileMaker Cloud)" in Claris Customer Console Help.
Note:Before you upgrade your instance type, make sure you are using FileMaker Cloud 188.8.131.52.
APIs, technologies, or features to be deprecated
As FileMaker Cloud evolves, the list of supported technologies, APIs, and features will change. As part of this evolution, certain operating systems versions, hardware, and features may be deprecated in favor of newer ones. Although deprecation does not mean the immediate deletion of an item, you should migrate your solution away from deprecated technologies, because these technologies may be removed in a future version of the product.
For the latest information about deprecated APIs, technologies, and features, search the Knowledge Base.